Let’s Celebrate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav By Caring For Our Health
August 10, 2022
Dr. Tricha Kulhalli
MBBS, MD (Pathologist)
While we celebrate 75 years of India’s independence on the 15thof August 2022, let’s spread the sense of awareness of good health nationwide. Staying in good health is crucial for giving the best of our performance for the progress of our nation and making the most of our precious life. It’s rightly said that intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is strong and healthy. Every Indian citizen can work his level best when he enjoys good health. And, to ensure you are hale and hearty, Specialist Hospital is pleased to offer you a health testing package for a month which helps you have 75 tests done at an attractive price of merely Rs. 1947. So, you might be wondering which all tests this fascinating package includes and how can you benefit from them. Scroll down to discover the attractive health testing package,
Specialist Hospitals is glad to offer you all the tests listed below.
1. Complete Hemogram
2. Urine Complete
3. Lipid Profile
4. Liver Function Test
5. Renal Function Test
6. RBS or FBS
8. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
9. Vitamin D3
10. Vitamin B12
1. Complete Hemogram: It is a set of pathological tests that help assess the overall health of your body. It comprises complete blood count (CBC), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and peripheral smear that aids in the detection of a range of ailments, such as anaemia, infection, allergies and leukemia. The test helps us measure a range of components of the blood that includes white blood cells, haemoglobin, red blood cells and platelets. Haemoglobin (Hb) is important for being an oxygen-carrying protein in the RBCs. You get to understand the degree of inflammation present in your body by learning the ESR in your blood test. Complete Hemogram comes with a range of benefits that include:
• The detection of the presence of inflammation resulting due to tumours, autoimmune ailments, and infection.
• Diagnosis and monitoring of conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic vasculitis, temporal arthritis, and polymyalgia rheumatic.
• Diagnosis of the causes of an unexplained weight loss, joint stiffness, headaches, shoulder or neck pain, and pelvic pain.
2. Complete Urine: It helps detect the presence of abnormal constituents, such as pus cells, residual blood cells, bacteria, and bilirubin, in the urine which aids in the diagnosis of many disorders. The complete urine test comes with several benefits such as:
• The presence of urinary tract infection
• Detection of kidney infection or dysfunction, cancer, and sexually transmitted diseases
• It aids in diabetes management
You need to do a urine test mandatorily:
• When you notice an abnormal colour of your urine.
• If you have diabetes
• If your health is down with a urinary tract infection
• If you are suffering from an unexplained loss of weight
• If you are suffering from a liver or kidney disease
3. Lipid Profile: This test helps determine the risk of cardiovascular diseases, heart ailments, heart attack, and stroke. It helps assess the levels of lipids, which are specific fat molecules, in the blood. The blood test determines the total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL cholesterol (Bad Cholestrol), HDL (Good cholesterol) and VLDL (very-low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol in your blood. This is beneficial in screening for any kind of heart condition and the assessment of the ongoing heart treatment.Obese individuals, people following a sedentary lifestyle, people with unhealthy habits, such as consuming alcohol and smoking, patients with co-existing Cardiac disease, people with a family history of dyslipidemia, and people above 35 years of age should go for lipid profile.
4. Liver Function Tests (LFT): These tests help learn about your liver health. They help in the diagnosis and monitoring of any damage to or disease of the liver and measure the levels of certain proteins and enzymes in the blood. Here are some common benefits of LFT with GGT:
• Evaluates the function of the liver
• Screens any kind ofliver infections or diseases, such as hepatitis
• Detects disease of the liver or the bile duct.
• Monitors the progress of the liver disease in the patient of alcoholic or viral hepatitis.
• Learn the extent of liver damage in case of cirrhosis
• Monitor the progress of treatment in case of liver disease or conditions.
• Helps physicians monitor the patients when there is a risk of side effects due to medications for other health conditions on the liver.
5. Renal Function Test: It involves a group of tests which help in determining your kidneys’ health. It evaluates parameters such as urea, creatinine, uric acid and electrolytes. The benefits of renal function test are:
• Early screening of kidney-related diseases in individuals suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
• Diagnoses intrinsic disorders or diseases of kidneys
• Helps physicians monitor the patients when there is a risk of side effects due to medications for other health conditions on the kidneys.
• Monitors kidney disease treatment
6.FBS and RBS:
A. Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) helps in measuring your blood glucose levels after overnight fasting. This blood investigation helps:
• Identify whether you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, or have normal sugar levels
• Track how diet and exercise are impacting your blood sugar levels
• Learn the effects of other factors, such as anxiety or stress, on your blood glucose levels.
B. Random Blood Test (RBS): This test is a measure the levels of glucose existing in your blood in a random sample.
7. HbA1c Test: This blood investigation is also known as the glycated haemoglobin test. This test helps measure your average blood glucose level in the past 90 days. This test enables you to learn whether you are prediabetic or have a high chance of developing diabetes. HbAc1 is highly recommended to individuals who:
• Have diabetes or with borderline diabetes or are pre-diabetics
• Have a family history of diabetes or are overweight
• Have high levels of cholesterol
• Suffer from recurrent infections, such as skin and urine infections.
8. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Test: This test is a crucial parameter for understanding the functioning of the thyroid gland. TSH test helps diagnose:
• Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism
• A severe problem associated with the thyroid gland with no onset of symptoms
• Hashimoto’s Disease or Graves’ Disease
9. Vitamin D3 Test: It is also called the Cholecalciferol test, and it helps measure the levels of activated vitamin D in the blood and detects whether you are suffering from a deficiency of vitamin D or not. Most people these days due to lack of sun-light exposure have been diagnosed to be deficient in Vitamin D3. This test helps:
• Detect nutritional deficiency of vitamin D
• Diagnose the cause of acute musculoskeletal pain
• Vitamin D3 screening in patients with gastrointestinal disease
10. Vitamin B12 Test: Known as cobalamin, vitamin B12 is a crucial nutrient and a cofactor in amino synthesis and DNA. Its deficiency can lead to serious complications in a long run, such as decreased brain function, irreversible nerve damage, and poor production of healthy RBCs. It helps measure the levels of vitamin B12 in your body that helps you prevent or treat the deficiency of this essential nutrient. Pure vegetarians tend to have deficiency of Vitamin B12. The test helps in detecting certain types of anaemia.
11. Ferritin Test: The blood protein comprising iron is known as ferritin. Going for this blood investigation helps your physician understand the levels of iron in your body. If your blood ferritin level is less than normal, you might be suffering from anaemia or iron deficiency.The test helps rule out or detect:
• Low levels of hematocrit and haemoglobin
• Iron deficiency, Iron overload
• Liver diseases, and inflammationFerritin test also helps in monitoring chronic health conditions that impact your blood iron levels, for instance, cancer, autoimmune conditions, and kidney diseases.
So, grab this golden opportunity on the occasion of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and get all your health tests done at an affordable rate of merely Rs. 1947. If you are wondering how to get started with this fantastic offer, get in touch with us at https://specialisthospital.in/ or call for emergency on +91 81 510 62 222. Our certified health care professionals will be glad to attend to you and help you enjoy the benefits of this discounted health test offer. Pave your way to enjoy a healthy life with our outstanding health test package.